Spooky Margarita with Butterfly pea flower Recipe
Spooky Margarita with Butterfly Blue Pea Flower Recipe
It’s the spookiest day of the year, and what better way to celebrate than with your favorite cocktail? Butterfly pea flower has become one of the most exciting ingredients in mixology right now, thanks to its ability to make cocktails look like they’re glowing in the dark. If you want to impress your friends this Halloween, try out this recipe for a spooky margarita with butterfly pea flower.
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
1/4 cup butterfly pea flowers (or 1 tsp.
Blue Flower Matcha)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 oz tequila blanco
2 oz triple sec.
1.5 oz lime juice
2 tablespoon flaky sea salt
1 1/2 cup ice
1 lime (cut into wedges)
1. In a medium saucepan, add butterfly pea flowers, sugar and a cup of water. Bring the mixture to boil and reduce the heat to simmer the contents for 10 minutes until the flowers steep into sugar mixture.
2. Once the butterfly pea flower syrup was ready, strain into a glass and let it cool for a while.
3. Prepare the margarita glass by running the lime wedge around the rim of the glass. Dip the rim with salt to coat all over the glass rim. Fill the glass with 1/2 cup ice each and set aside.
4. In a cocktail shaker, add 1/2 cup ice tequila blanco, triple sec., and lime juice. Shake well to mix.
5. Strain the cocktail over the glass filled with ice and watch the color change from deep blue to light purple. Garnish with lime wedge and serve immediately.